We are the Equine Soundness Association of North America (ESANA), The North American Representative of Strasser Worldwide Institute for Physiological Horse and Hoofcare.
ESANA is dedicated to true health and healing of horses. Our organization heads up the Barefoot Revolution in the United States and Canada, which began in 2000 through the teachings of Dr. Hiltrud Strasser.
We continue to create strong and confident hoofcare professionals and to strive to empower our students and owners to contribute to their horse’s health first-hand. Aware of the evolving nature of the science and art of hoofcare, we regularly seek and publicize new information through our national and worldwide resources.
ESANA provides the highest quality natural hoof and horse care consultations to empower our clients and students in their journey for vibrant horse health. We teach the incorporation of lifestyle, nutrition, husbandry and exercise as well as hoofcare specifics, to foster true holistic healing. We offer unparalleled expertise in this field and provide the best of traditional understanding, scientific advancements, and clinical expertise in holistic horse care.
We do this by:
- Offering alternatives to the conventional methods through a holistic approach
- Empowering owners to become involved in the healing process by encouraging them to take responsibility for the overall health and care of their horses
- Working with owners to better understand their horses through learning the risks and stresses associated with conventional horse-keeping
- Treating the cause, not the symptom
- Providing an excellent network of professional international support for horse owners and caretakers