SHP Training: Become a Strasser Hoofcare Professional
There are now several schools of thought about barefoot study in North America. All have a common goal, to have sound healthy barefoot horses.
We invite you to reflect on the values embodied in the school of the Equine Soundness Association of North America (ESANA). ESANA promotes an awareness and general understanding of holistic and alternative healing methods that complement and enhance restoration of or maintenance towards a horse’s continuing soundness.
Our school can offer you:
- A holistic approach to equine health care
- A distinctive expertise in barefoot lameness prevention and rehabilitative care
- A knowledge of hoof anatomy and physiology
- The use of a core of equine science
- An in-depth knowledge of a trim that is designed to return and maintain optimum function to the hoof to promote balanced wear and weight bearing
- A full year of supervised clinical experience using the Strasser method
Most owners come to a Strasser Hoofcare Professional (SHP) because their horses are in pain. Unlike conventional methods of hoof management, barefoot (Strasser) management recognizes physiological features of the whole horse and trims to promote proper functions.